The Reading / Vocabulary Basic Skills Curriculum consists
of the following titles:
Intermediate Skills Pack
Software that covers the basic skills students need to know
Reading / Vocabulary Intermediate Skills Curriculum
Consists of a group of Merit Software programs bundled together,
selected to cover the mid-level competencies
to improve students' skills.
The software is self-paced and self-monitored
advance as they demonstrate readiness.
Scores are tracked
in a record management system that
allows teachers to view and print detailed reports.
The questions, answers and explanations of the programs can be spoken aloud
by using the Merit Text Talker
Designed for students in grades 5 through 8
10 and up), the program can also be used by older students.
“The best thing I have ever bought. I love the
automatic scoring and feedback.”
- Cedarville Middle School, Cedarville, AR
- Determine main idea
- Identify sequence of details
- Draw inferences from text
- Draw conclusions
- Understand vocabulary from context
- Use contextual clues
- Increase word recognition
- Differentiate fact from opinion
- Recall facts and details
Writing / Grammar Intermediate Skills Curriculum
- Recognize common errors in word usage
- Identify parts of speech in context sentences
- Identify common writing problems
- Use pre-writing strategies
- Correct faulty sentence structure
- Review basic punctuation
- Write clear, descriptive sentences
- Organize ideas
- Develop a paragraph
- Practice proofreading
Mathematics Intermediate Skills Curriculum
- Practice using addition, subtraction, multiplication,
- Identify areas of weakness with whole numbers, fractions,
- Break down word problems into steps
- Use key words to analyze how to choose operations
- Use concrete objects to model algebraic concepts.
- Relate word problem language to math
- Interpret and apply information from graphs.
- Use ratios, proportions, and scales.
All versions of this Merit Software Windows 2000/2003/XP program require 8 MB RAM and 32 MB hard disk space. This program requires a minimum screen resolution of 800 by 600 pixels. Windows Vista and Windows 7 users may run this program in Windows XP mode.
Is this your first time on the site?
Start with these options below to explore this program.
INDIVIDUAL SUBJECTS ALSO AVAILABLE:
(listed in order of difficulty)
The Writing / Grammar Basic Skills Curriculum consists
of the following titles:
Intermediate Skills Curriculum consists of the following titles:
The Intermediate Skills Pack consists of three curriculum
components. Among the three components are 8 separate software programs
that have been effective in improving students' basic reading, writing,
and math skills.
Evaluation versions of all of the programs may be downloaded by
clicking the 'Download Demo' link for the corresponding program
(each program approximately 10 MB).
Reading / Vocabulary Intermediate Skills Curriculum:
Writing / Grammar Intermediate Skills Curriculum:
Mathematics Intermediate Skills Curriculum:
|Buy A Home Version Now:
Check the program(s) you wish to purchase and press "Add To Cart."
More about Ordering from Merit Software:
- CDs ship within 24 hours. Download links are sent immediately.
- All Merit products are backed by a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
- View complete Home Version details
School / Institutional / Government users:
|SCHOOL, GOVERNMENT and INSTITUTIONAL
Represents a substantial discount compared to purchasing programs
|Use on one computer. Record keeping for 2 students
|1 Station: Stand-alone
||Use on one computer. Record keeping for 42 students
|5 Pack: 1 Station: Stand-alone
||Use a 1 Station: Stand-alone version on up to 5 separate computers (non-networkable)
|5 Stations: Networkable
||Use on a network with 5 concurrent users. Record keeping for 1,000 students
|10 Stations: Networkable
||Use on a network with 10 concurrent users. Record keeping for 1,000 students
||Use on a network with more than 10 concurrent users. Record keeping for 1,000 students
* Special pricing until May 30, 2013.
All versions of Merit programs come with the Teacher Program Manager which allows for student record keeping.
| Site Map
"Merit," "Merit Software," and "Punch" are the intellectual property of Merit Software.