Basic Skills Pack
Basic Skills software that works!
Consists of a group of Merit Software programs bundled together, selected to cover the core competencies necessary to improve students basic skills.
The software is self-paced and self-correcting. Students advance as they demonstrate readiness.
Scores are tracked in a record management system that allows teachers to view and print detailed reports.
Designed for students in grades 3 through 5 (ages 8 and up), the software can also be used by older students.
– Highbee Elementary School, Highbee, MO
The Basic Skills Pack is comprised of the following three curriculum components: Reading / Vocabulary, Writing / Grammar, and Mathematics.
Skill Levels 3 – 5.
- Contextual help and feedback engage students of all ages.
- Students choose from a menu of reward animations and
- All student work is stored in the Teacher Program Manager.
- Voice support is available with most of the English programs.
Reading / Vocabulary Basic Skills Curriculum
- Determine main idea
- Identify sequence of details
- Draw inferences from text
- Draw conclusions
- Understand vocabulary from context
Mathematics Basic Skills Curriculum
- Practice using addition and subtraction
- Identify areas of weakness with whole numbers
- Break down word problems into steps
- Understand what fractions mean
Writing / Grammar Basic Skills Curriculum
- Recognize common errors in word usage
- Identify parts of speech in context sentences
- Identify common writing problems
- Use pre-writing strategies
- Correct faulty sentence structure
All versions of this Merit Software Windows 2000/2003/XP
program require 8 MB RAM and 32 MB hard disk space. This program
requires a minimum screen resolution of 800 by 600 pixels. Windows Vista and Windows 7 users may run this program in Windows XP mode.
The Reading / Vocabulary Basic Skills Curriculum consists of
the following titles: (listed in order of difficulty)
- Early Reading
Builds confident, life-long, readers
- Reading Shape-Up,
Teaches students basic reading skills
Helps students improve reading comprehension
Stretch, Set 1
Helps students with word recognition, meanings, and origins
The Mathematics Basic Skills Curriculum consists of the
- Fraction Shape-Up
Helps students understand and work with fractions
- Word Problem
Shape-Up, Set 1
Teaches students how to solve whole number word problems
The Writing / Grammar Basic Skills Curriculum consists
of the following titles:
- Basic English Fitness, Set 1
Helps students cope with troublesome points of English grammar
- Grammar Fitness,
Students learn to master troublesome points of grammar
Students learn different ways to write a basic paragraph
The Basic Skills Bundle includes:
- Reading / Vocabulary Basic Skills Curriculum
- Writing / Grammar Basic Skills Curriculum
- Mathematics Basic Skills Curriculum
Merit Solutions For:
|Intermediate Skills Pack – Complete Curriculum
Intermediate skills software that works!
|GED Prep Bundle – Complete Curriculum
GED software that works!