Intermediate Skills Pack
Software that covers the basic skills students need to know
Consists of a group of Merit Software programs bundled together,
selected to cover the mid-level competencies necessary
to improve students’ skills.
The software is self-paced and self-monitored. Students
advance as they demonstrate readiness.
Scores are tracked in a record management system that
allows teachers to view and print detailed reports.
Designed for students in grades 5 through 8 (ages 10 and up), the program can also be used by older students.
– Cedarville Middle School, Cedarville, AR
Reading / Vocabulary Intermediate Skills Curriculum
- Determine main idea
- Identify sequence of details
- Draw inferences from text
- Draw conclusions
- Understand vocabulary from context
- Use contextual clues
- Increase word recognition
- Differentiate fact from opinion
- Recall facts and details
Writing / Grammar Intermediate Skills Curriculum
- Recognize common errors in word usage
- Identify parts of speech in context sentences
- Identify common writing problems
- Use pre-writing strategies
- Correct faulty sentence structure
- Review basic punctuation
- Write clear, descriptive sentences
- Organize ideas
- Develop a paragraph
- Practice proofreading
Mathematics Intermediate Skills Curriculum
- Practice using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
- Identify areas of weakness with whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percents
- Break down word problems into steps
- Use key words to analyze how to choose operations
- Use concrete objects to model algebraic concepts.
- Relate word problem language to math
- Interpret and apply information from graphs.
- Use ratios, proportions, and scales.
All versions of this Merit Software Windows 2000/2003/XP program require 8 MB RAM and 32 MB hard disk space. This program requires a minimum screen resolution of 800 by 600 pixels. Windows Vista and Windows 7 users may run this program in Windows XP mode.
The Reading / Vocabulary Basic Skills Curriculum consists of the following titles:
(listed in order of difficulty)
- Developing Critical Thinking Skills For Effective Reading, Sets 1 and 2
Helps students improve reading comprehension.
- Reading Shape-Up, Set 2
Teaches students basic reading skills.
- Vocabulary Fitness, Set 1
Builds students understanding of commonly misused words.
The Writing / Grammar Basic Skills Curriculum consists of the following titles:
- Grammar Fitness, Set 2
Helps students master troublesome points of grammar.
- Grammar Shape-Up
Students learn to master the parts of speech.
- Paragraph Punch
Helps students learn different ways to write a paragraph.
The Mathematics Intermediate Skills Curriculum consists of the following titles:
- Pre-Algebra Shape-Up
Step-by-step tutorials covering ratios, graphs, tables, and more.
- Word Problem Shape-Up, Sets 1 and 2
Teaches students how to solve whole number, fraction, decimal, and percent word problems.
The Intermediate Skills Bundle includes:
- Reading / Vocabulary Intermediate Skills Curriculum
- Writing / Grammar Intermediate Skills Curriculum
- Mathematics Basic Intermediate Curriculum
Merit Solutions For:
|Basic Skills Pack – Complete Curriculum
Basic Skills software that works!
|GED Prep Bundle – Complete Curriculum
GED Prep software that works!