Developing Critical Thinking Skills for Effective Reading Series:
Level 1: Skill Levels 5.0 – 6.5
Level 2: Skill Levels 7.0 – 8.0
- Self-paced and self-advancing; moves students ahead as they demonstrate readiness
- Pupils receive immediate, personal help throughout
- Teachers can monitor pupils’ progress and time-on-task through an easy-to-use online portfolio
- Determine main idea of a text and select a logical sentence to introduce or complete it, or choose an appropriate title to identify it.
- Identify the sequence of details in a text and select an additional supporting sentence that would logically fit in.
- Draw an inference by recognizing information learned from the text that is not actually stated.
- Determine the meaning of unfamiliar words by using other words or phrases in the text as clues.
Put Into Action
GET COMPLETE DETAILS:
LEARN MORE ABOUT MERIT SOFTWARE:
A quick overview of Merit
Tips for using Merit with students
Online Student Management
Answers about tracking pupil progress
Try a Demo
FREE EVALUATION VERSION:
Merit is pleased to offer free evaluation versions of its software. The evaluation versions provide full-working samples of activities of the program.
Please click on the Launch Demo! button and wait for the program to load. No login or personally identifiable information is required, and there is no time limit to your use.
Developing Critical Thinking Skills, Level 4:
Skill Levels 10.0 – 11.0
Buy the full version to:
- Save and resume work
- Access lots more content
- View student work online
Track students’ progress with Merit’s Online Learning Student Tracking, included with this program at no extra charge.